It's exciting and so convenient; Blogger now has the ability for the blogger to create up to TEN static pages. Is this cool or what?
A static page is a page that is not a blog. You do not post to it as you would a blog. It is for content that usually remains constant.
This doesn't mean that you can't edit the content and re-publish the page, but it does not have the characteristics of a blog page. For example, social networks such as Linkedin, Jacketflap and Facebook allow you to connect your blog to their sites if you are a member. As you publish a new post, these sites pick it up and it's visible to your connections/friends.
You cannot connect your static pages like the blog page. The visitor either needs to be given the url to the page, or needs to be at your home page and click on the page link.
But, this is the same with most websites. You have a page specifically for your blog and your other pages are static.
And, it's really simple to add these static pages to your Blogger site:
1. Go to Posting
2. Click on Edit Pages (not edit posts!)
3. It will say to add new pages - just click on it
4. Add a title to your page and then add the content just as if you were creating a blog post.
5. Click Publish Page.
6. Go to Layout and click on Add Gadget (you want to add the "Pages" gadget).
7. You can go in and create a title for the Link in the Gadget - if I remember correctly, it labels it initially as Pages.
8. Move the gadget to where ever you want it: sidebar or below your header.
That's it...at least I'm pretty sure.
When I create another page, I'll pay more attention and edit the steps above accordingly.
Thank you Blogger for adding website functionality to your service!
Until next time,
Karen Cioffi, Author, Freelance Writer, Reviewer
Check out my new pages!