Since the article is a bit long, I'm breaking the list of 20 strategies you can use to promote to a wider range of potential customers into 2 parts - here's Part 1.
1. Make use of your website’s opt-in box. Provide a weekly or monthly newsletter that offers information your reader/subscriber will value. Along with the information, you can offer your books for sale. Building your subscriber list is a key marketing strategy.
2. Use article marketing and social networks to broaden your reach, and be sure to provide links that go directly to a designated landing page for the sale of your book/s.
3. Book virtual book tours or create your own. Try to get guest spots on sites that are geared toward your target market.
4. Create trailers for your books and post them on sites such as YouTube. You can try your hand at creating a trailer for free at http://OneTrueMedia.com. If attempting this seems a little overwhelming, you can hire someone to do it for you.
5. Create postcards, business cards, and flyers with your book information and cover. Include the link to your book’s site or your author site.
6. Contact your local newspapers and request they do an interview or feature on you as a local author.
7. Request book reviews from reputable reviewers and ask them to post the reviews on your Amazon and B&N selling page, Goodreads, Shelfari, and other sites that can help promote your book. Post them on your own site/s as well.
8. Enter contests. Winning a contest, or getting second place or mentionable awards is a great way to increase interest in your book/s. Be sure to enter reputable contests.
9. Put out a request in your groups to be a guest on blog talk radio shows that feature authors. While it’s good to find those that feature authors in your genre, it’s also a good idea to broaden your reach and shoot for shows that are diversified.
10. If you’ve established yourself as an expert in your field, you can give teleseminars or webinars. This is a proven strategy for increasing your subscriber list, thereby increasing your selling reach.
For Part 2 click on the link:
Book Marketing 101 – The First Steps in Creating Your Online Platform
Creating a Quality Product, Editing, Creating an eBook, Your Own Virtual Book Tour, Writing a Press Release, and More
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
MORE ON ONLINE MARKETING
Book Promotion: The Foundation
Book Promotion: Creating an Informational Funnel
5 Marketing Reminders for 2011: Basic and Simple
To keep up with writing and marketing information, along with Free webinars, join us in The Writing World (top right top sidebar).
Award-Winning Author, Freelance/Ghostwriter
Author Online Presence Instructor
Create and Build Your Author/Writer/Home Business Online Presence
Karen Cioffi Professional Writing Services
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE – THANKS!