Since book signings are a part of the book marketing process, Angela has some tips to help you prompt your book.
Book Signings by Angela Joseph
I have put book signings and other events for Women For All Seasons on hold for the moment while I focus on my novel in progress and freelance writing. My last book signing was at a place where women gather – my daughter’s beauty salon. The event was not publicized as well as I’d hoped, but since it was a Saturday, there was a fair amount of traffic and I ended up selling 8 books and giving one away.
I offer a few tips for a successful book signing:
1. Location. It doesn’t have to be a bookstore as you can see from the example above. It can be a setting that ties in with your niche market.
2. Start local. If you start in your hometown, you are more likely to get a good attendance.
3. Advertise. Goes without saying. Ask your friends to help you spread the word.
4. Be creative. If your book is a novel, you can dress up like one of your characters. In the photo, I tried to look like a Jewish woman.
5. Don’t forget the freebies. Bookmarks, buttons, fridge magnets with your book cover on them, even your laminated book cover, are all inexpensive giveaways. I also included a plate of cookies and water.
By leaving a comment on this post, your name will be entered to win a copy of Women For All Seasons. You may read a free sample by clicking on this link: http://quildonwrites.blogspot.com/p/women-for-all-seasons.html
You may also purchase a copy of the book from Amazon.
Angela, it was a pleasure being a part of your book tour. Best Wishes for its success!