Welcome to Day 4 of a 5-day virtual tour for Angela Joseph’s book, Women for All Seasons.
Today, Angela writes about some of her upcoming events and promotional activities for her book.
On the Go with Author Angela Joseph
I have put book signings and other events for Women For All Seasons on hold for the moment while I focus on my novel in progress and freelance writing. My last book signing was at a place where women gather – my daughter’s beauty salon. The event was not publicized as well as I’d hoped, but since it was a Saturday, there was a fair amount of traffic and I ended up selling 8 books and giving one away.
I offer a few tips for a successful book signing:
1. Location. It doesn’t have to be a bookstore as you can see from the example above. It can be a setting that ties in with your niche market.
2. Start local. If you start in your hometown, you are more likely to get a good attendance.
3. Advertise. Goes without saying. Ask your friends to help you spread the word.
4. Be creative. If your book is a novel, you can dress up like one of your characters. In the photo, I tried to look like a Jewish woman.
5. Don’t forget the freebies. Bookmarks, buttons, fridge magnets with your book cover on them, even your laminated book cover, are all inexpensive giveaways. I also included a plate of cookies and water.
6. By leaving a comment on this post, your name will be entered to win a copy of Women For All Seasons. You may read a free sample by clicking on this link: http://quildonwrites.blogspot.com/p/women-for-all-seasons.html
7. You may also purchase a copy of the book from Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Women-All-Seasons-Biblical-examples/dp/1432760424/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304093543&sr=1-2
8. Or from Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34069
Follow the last day of this tour tomorrow at http://www.thelearningleaf.com
Angela, it was a pleasure being a part of your book tour. Best Wishes for its success!
P.S. To keep up with writing and marketing information, along with Free webinars, join us in The Writing World (top right top sidebar).